Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Is anyone home down there?

Reading yesterday and everything I read was about his one topic and low and behold I think
"I don't need help with that, why does that keep coming up" (Stop laughing Anne) So I tell myself that these passages must be about something or someone else. YEAH RIGHT!!!

There was a theme in all of the passages which basically said

Do what you are supposed to do

Let the Lord worry about everything else

Hmmm - I wonder why this was in there?

Well in short Drason and I had been praying over something for a while now and the day before yesterday we finally reached a decision. These passages helped to confirm that and to give me direction in preparing myself for what is next.

Drason and I had considered going to Kenya this past February as a part of the mission team, as we firmly believe that all Christians are called to spread the gospel, but after seeking God’s will we simply did not feel His hand in us going with that team, at that time. This time around we believe that God would like me to be a part of the team going in July.

Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

So in short - pray for me, for Drason and our family, for financial help, for childcare with the boys, but most importantly pray that the people who we will minister to will be blessed, and that this trip will be used by God to win souls to Him.

How's that for a blog update!
Later
Amanda

1 comment:

Jeff (Big Daddy) Salyer said...

Great! God will honor your obedience!