Sunday, March 2, 2008

Choose Joy

There are times when I fail miserably as a human being
There are times when I am so discouraged I don't want to get out of bed in the morning
There are times when I worry about what everyone else thinks, more that about what God thinks
There are times when the dishes pile up, the laundry piles up and everyone has some sort of sports practice on the same day - and nothing gets done
There are times when I over think the things I need to do
There are times when I over think everything
There are times when I question the will of God and wonder if I'm doing what He wants
There are times when the dog gets loose and I want to cry
There are times when the phone rings every twenty minutes and it is a burden

But at the same time

There are times when a walk at Dawes takes my breath away (in a good way, not because I'm outta shape)
There are times when my kids will say something so full of God's truth, I'm amazed
There are times when I am energized to complete the task at hand - even after only a few hours sleep
There are times when I read the Word and my eyes are opened like it was the first time
There are times when things fall into place without logical explanation
There are times when problems are solved before they arise
There are times I can trust like a child
There are times when I am a servant to others - and it may be more for me than for them
There are times when there is so much to be thankful for I can not express it

Choose Joy
You'll be happier
Amanda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are times when I look and you and am amazed.
There are times when you take my hand and I feel a thrill like the first time.
There are times when you look at me and I can tell I'm loved.
Sometimes there is just time, and that's enough.
I am with you and that is happiness.
-Drason

Amanda said...

other people are reading this a making gagging noises at their computer, right now, but....

AWWWWWWWWWW!

Anonymous said...

Sam, did you see what Drason wrote??? Just kidding, my honey is just as sweet, if not more :)

Amanda said...

Ok, now I'm making gagging noises at the computer :-)