Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Latest News

I just wasn't feeling up to the weather today, I felt off all day.
I had to take Mac to the doctor, he has an ear infection and it turns out I have a sinus infection. YUCK! I knew I should have called off work for tonight when I woke up this morning, but I didn't listen. One of these days ....
We found out around 4pm that Grandma Keen had a stroke( at about 9am) and that she will be admitted to LMH or possibly Mt. Carmel. I was supposed to be at work at 5pm, so I called off as soon as I found this out. I later learned that Grandpa had also been in the ER for chest pains. The doctors think that this may have been caused by the news that Grandma was being taken to the hospital and that although the symptoms looked like a heart arrhythmia, they were probably caused by an anxiety attack. We are not sure what effect, if any, the stroke has had on Grandma. Her doctors can't agree and they say it will be anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks before we know the full extent.
In light of all of this, we will not be going to Florida, with everyone in the hospital and not really knowing for how long, we think it is probably best if we hang around for awhile. The manatees aren't going anywhere. We had to break this to the kids and they took it pretty well.
Today has just been a long and exhausting day. It is hard to see positive things going on with everything else that has happened, but I will try.
Macguines is learning his verses for AWANA's he said 3 or 4 to the doctor today, kids just come out with it, wouldn't it be great if we were all like that! Dr. Hanna said hearing him quote the verses made her "heart smile" she said her kids had been in AWANA's when they were little and that he had made her day brighter :-)
Drason was able to set up all of his classes this quarter for the Internet, he was happy. He does well with these, I'm so proud of him, I'm not sure how he does it.
That's all for now,
Love you all bunches and hope to hear from you soon!
Amanda

No comments: