Thursday, July 2, 2009

More Prayer

God answers prayer. It is just that simple. A little while ago I made a prayer list of all of the things that were going on in my life - sure I had been trying to pray about them from memory - but in typing them out I found that I could easily add to or take away from my prayer list and organize things so that I could remember to pray for certain things.

I would strongly encourage you to do this - especially in a word document that you can easily add to or change.
I organized mine into 5 categories - My Family, Myself, Our Church, Our Friends and Extended Family, and Our Desires.

So far -

I am praying for a friend that I know struggles with money, they work hard, they budget well - they are just broke - when their well pump and refrigerator both died on the same day they were a little upset
- Praise God - both items were donated to them within a day.

I am praying for a friend that is having a hard time with some medical issues they are in denial about. I found out last night they had agreed to go back and see their family doctor - I was also praying for this person's immediate family as they are rightly concerned - I can not tell you how happy seeing the joy on this family member's face made me - when they told me about this last night!

I am praying about a friend's salvation - they used to profess interest in God - but once they got married they completely gave that up. Last night I ran into a friend of this friend and heard about how God is working in their lives through a job loss and some other circumstances. I am praying that God will use this for good to bring this person and their spouse to the Lord.

James 5:16-18
16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. 17 Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! 18 Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops.

This was in one of Noel's sermons about a month ago - Praise God for a Pastor who preaches the Word.

Keep Praying,
Amanda

No comments: