Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Keep Praying

I shared this with Amanda and she insisted that I post it.

Today at work we had an all staff meeting to talk about the changes that will take effect on July 1st. Once the meeting was over the directors asked if we had any questions. Nobody did. Then one of the Engagement Staff started to speak. I think it is cool when you can see the Holy Spirit working on somebody to do/say something.

He started with a little of a stutter. If you know him you know he is kind of a quiet guy. He normally doesn't say much. This is what he said; "I hope this doesn't offend anyone. As many of you know [director's name] has been struggling with cancer for several months now. He is doing well. But I think that we should pray for him and his doctor's. Him for strength and his doctors for knowledge on how to treat him and the cancer." And in something I have never seen at a business everyone, everyone, agreed. They started clapping and whistling. Then the Engagement Staff person went to the front and took the man's hands, everyone else laid their hands on those closest to them, with those closest putting their hands on the man. And we prayed for him for several minutes. When we were done he was wiping tears from his eyes, and he wasn't the only one.

I can't imagine any other company allowing that, let alone participating. I am lucky to work in such an environment. Sometimes the guys ask us why the have the success the have, and granted we are only sucessful for 1 out of 4, but that is about 10% better than anyone else. I think it is because we are a Christian organization, not just a social service organization. Keep praying.

-Drason

No comments: