Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Maybe you should just pray about it, because I don't know what to tell you to do."

Comically, these very words came out of my mouth. "Maybe you should pray about it, because I don't know what to tell you to do."

What an attitude - this holier than thou approach hasn't won me any battles, and surely hasn't made my point - which must have been very important to whip out that old tried and true line - but for some reason I can't really remember what we were talking about.

Thankfully, Drason laughed.

How often do we have this attitude - let's pray about it as a last resort. For me I know it is far too often. Drason has said that I use this line to win arguments - I have to say I scoffed at the notion - until very recently.

I don't know about everyone else but I tend to think I know what to do in most situations - the problem is what I think and what God thinks could be polar opposites.

I have been working on a Bible study called -Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed with another lady at church, I can't wait to see her tonight and ask her what she thinks of it- It has been really good. Part of what this study has been talking about is understanding our calling as Christians -one of my very favorite verses kicked off this study.

"You did not chose me, but I chose you" John 15:16

What an amazing truth to realize - God picked me - even when I was still a sinner, before I ever did anything right, before I did anything at all - God picked me.

Max Lucado said it a different way "God's love never ceases. Never. Though we spurn him. Ignore him. Reject him. Despise him. Disobey him. He will not change. Our evil cannot diminish His love. Our goodness cannot increase it. Our faith does not earn it anymore than our stupidity jeopardizes it. God doesn't love us less if we fail or more if we succeed. God's love never ceases."

This truth heals many hurts, and drives home the point that God chose me =]

So prayer should come easier as a first resort, rather than a last, knowing that God picked me, and this realization makes it easier to trust, easier to just enjoy Him, and easier to have faith that He has all my best interests in mind.

Amanda

No comments: