Friday, August 31, 2007

Latest News

I'm not really sure how to say this, so I'm just going to come right out with it.

I quit my job, I am persuing music and being a Mom full time.

These past few months I have been so afraid, and that fear kept me from any action. I was talking to some good friends after church Sunday and they so wisely pointed out how we allow ourselves to be spiritually bound by money and bills. Signing a mortgage you can't afford, not managing money wisely, is akin to holding out your hands to satan and saying "put the cuffs on."

While quitting my job might seem extreme to some, I have no doubt that it was EXACTLY what I was supposed to do, I also have no doubt that the Lord will provide for us - and that while we may need to make some changes - they will result in a more fullfilling life and walk with our Lord.

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us, I am so blessed to have friends like you. I am working on scraping together funds to get some of my music recorded - When this happens I will post it here.

We love you guys!
Amanda

3 comments:

Donna Dear said...

There is no place better than where God wants you to be! HE PROVIDES!!

Jeff (Big Daddy) Salyer said...

Wow! Glad to hear to are stepping out on faith.

I admire your decision and pray for God's blessings on you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Mandy, I finally learned how to blog. Well, good for me. :-) Get out your high school year book and see what Dad and I had to say to you then. What took you so long? Oh yea, I remember, you said singing for a living wouldn't be as enjoyable. Hint: Anything God blesses you with will be enjoyable. Keep using that awesome talent he gave you for his glory and he WILL bless you, and it may even be fun to make a living at it. Love, Mom