Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The 20-60-20 approach to life

This is a counseling term that was introduced to me today, so let me explain

The theory is simply

20% of life will exceed your expectations- good things will happen

60% of life is up for interpretation - neither good or bad, just up to you and how you see it

20% of life will fall short of your expectations - bad things will happen

On the surface this might not seem so bad
Put this in reality terms - 3 out of five days will be ho hum, nothing great, nothing awful- just another day
One out of five will be great
One out of five will be terrible

Lets say you read 5 books ? only one will be memorable or remarkable.

Have 5 friends? Maybe one will be a close one

What if I told you that you would have to buy 5 cars before you got a great one? Would you buy a car from me?

When you live for the here and now I guess this is all you have to hope for.

What can the world offer you? hope for one good day out of five, as a way to cope with a life without God.

"John 10:10 The thief cometh not but to steal and to kill and to destroy. I( Jesus) am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. "

I see people everyday that are reaching out for help, they have "hit bottom" so to speak. It breaks my heart that many of them have no Savior, no hope, no trust, no eternal salvation, no light at the end of the tunnel, nothing to look forward to but 1 good day out of 5. As a counselor this is all I can offer them, but as a Christian it is my sincere desire and duty to offer more.
I hope and pray our church will burn with the desire to reach out to those in our community, and those that have reached out to us.
What would life be without faith and hope in Jesus? One good day out of five, and an eternity in Hell.

I think that says it all
Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With God I would say it is more of a 100-100-100. All days are good, even when they're bad. Unfortunately not everyone sees it that way.