Thursday, September 17, 2009

Clarification

First off,
If my previous post offended anyone - and someone emailed me so I know it did offend at least one person - I am sorry.

I really think this person misunderstood what I was saying, but perhaps I did not explain it well.
I think this person and their family exemplifies what Christian friendships should be. They do know what is going on in their friends lives, they do really care about each other, and they demonstrate that in how they treat people and care for people. While we might not agree on all the details - I do think your closest Christian friends should know more about you than surface stuff, they demonstrate that they care more about people than they do about popularity, politics, and superficial friendships. The point I was trying to make was that superficial friendships, where we as Christians do not speak with truth or love into each other's lives, are very hurtful to both participants - it results in an "I'm ok, you're ok." type of relationship - and then we are shocked when people fall into sin, or make mistakes that screw up their entire lives. Christian friends are very important to Drason and I, we have lived with Christian friends both ways superficially and with integrity) and we have felt very blessed to be able to make Christian friends who will speak the truth in love into our lives.  Shutting down a facebook account doesn't mean we don't want friends - we just don't want most of our interaction with those friends to be through the internet.   I have often heard "don't complain, change yourself."  that is what is happening -sometimes that is scary for people, but change can be a very positive thing.   These past 16 months have been FULL of changes - we have just started to go with the flow of the changes God is working in our lives, rather than trying to hold onto the things that we want.  Sometimes people who change, or who implement changes, are viewed negatively because they are changing the status quo - but if we as Christians, or as a body of believers, refuse that change - where does that leave us?
Again, I am sorry if I offended - it was not my intention.  God is still working on me, thank God for grace.
Amanda

No comments: