Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Busy Times

With Baseball, T-ball, Soccer, Karate, AWANA's. Children's Choir, Mother's Day and Mason's birthday coming up fast, it has been difficult to find time to post anything. I must not be the only one feeling this way, because I have noticed that many of our friends haven't been posting either.

Why do we get so caught up in the day to day life?

I am reminded of something a counselor friend told me several years ago. People stay busy because it is easier to be a "human doing" rather than a "human being". What she meant was it is easy to get caught up in a busy life, and miss what is really important.

Yesterday I felt like I hadn't seen Drason in about a month, with opposite schedules, and so many activities it seems like we never have "us" time.

Last night, after the stars came out, he asked me to go outside and star gaze with him.


You really feel small compared to all that, and greatly loved.

So if you get a chance today, enjoy the beautiful day outside, or go star gazing tonight!

See you soon,

Amanda

PS. Trying out a new template, what do you think?

3 comments:

Jeff (Big Daddy) Salyer said...

welcome to being a parent!

Good for you on taking time to be with Drason, I remember the old song "precious and Few are moments we can share...".

love the template

Smiths Family Blog said...

That is because we have gotten the priorities in life all mixed up.
1. GOD
2. Family
3. Ministry
4. Work
I do like the new look, now it doesnt look like mine anymore. haha.

Amanda said...

Deep thoughts.... :-)
Your list breaks down into God and family; ministry and work. In our lives we have found that this is really how these things go together. God in day to day life with our family gives the business of everyday life meaning and purpose. Ministry and work fit together, and keep us honest instead of leading a double life. Great comment "Smiths" - or should I say Sam :-)