Thursday, July 18, 2013

Vacationing

I really needed a vacation - it was so wonderful to get away for a week or so.  During that time it was even more surprising that out west our cell phones, GPS, and other technology really doesn't work very well - so a technology vacation as well as an actual vacation! 

Then I came across this in my quiet time - just as certain online applications like Facebook were on my mind....

You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!
They are the kind who work their way into people’s homes and win the confidence of vulnerable women who are burdened with the guilt of sin and controlled by various desires. (Such women are forever following new teachings, but they are never able to understand the truth.) These teachers oppose the truth just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses. They have depraved minds and a counterfeit faith. But they won’t get away with this for long. Someday everyone will recognize what fools they are, just as with Jannes and Jambres. 2Timothy 3:1-9

How many posts have I seen or read (or maybe even posted) that were:
Boastful
Proud
Scoffing at God
Written by a rebellious child
Ungrateful
Mocking the sacred
Unloving
Unforgiving
Slandering
Without Self- Control (like replying when I should just scroll on by)
Cruel
Hateful
Betraying a friend or confidence
Reckless
Prideful
Self-Indulgent
Hypocritical

If I were honest I would have to say that on some days - especially on days when a big news story breaks - there is at least 50% of my news feed that would fall under one or more of these items.

I may  continue to use Facebook for posting about Drason's business and events, but I think I will probably not be on Facebook very much anymore.  I hope my friends will understand that I am not being judgmental but rather I am trying to keep chaos out of my life. 


Amanda

No comments: