Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Season of Giving

During the rest of the year we give to those around us - we give our time, our talents, our energy, our money, everything we have.  We give abundantly without complaint and without expecting payment.  We have taught our children this same attitude -you give.  Christ gave us so much - how can I not also give to others.  This isn't an attitude reserved for one month of the year - it is an attitude of daily living, daily practice - until it becomes habit - until it becomes so ingrained that you don't know how else to be. 

And it occured to me that as a mom and wife I have been seriously neglecting giving much at all to 3 or 4 people in my life.  So as this season comes to a close I will be focusing more on giving to those who have supported me the most, everyday, all year long  Those 4 guys who have sacrificed long hours of caring for others, lugging stuff to co-op, caring for other's children, caring for the needs of all those around us.  They are my blessing and my crown, and I adore them =)

Blessings,
Amanda

1 comment:

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.