Monday, July 4, 2011

What are you reading?

Have you ever had a book litereally JUMP off the shelf at you?  Just recently I was browsing online and I saw the title of a book that litereally jumped out at me.  "When Godly people do ungodly things"  I heard the Holy Spirit say to me - 'this is about that incident last December/January,  you need to read that book'.

This book is about the seductive nature of sin and how a person who is walking with the Lord can fall into sin before they even realize what is happening.  I can tell you that 6 or 8 months ago I would have laughed at that idea - I would have told you this was complete rhetoric, excusing the inexcusable and making an allowance for sin.  I want to be clear that this book does not in any way excuse sin, make light of sin, or even imply that sin isn't grevious to us and to God.  What this book is doing in my life is pointing out holes in my defenses and showing me how even someone who really desires to follow the Lord can make big mistakes and fall under attack and not realize, or recognize, their sin. 

If you haven't read the book I would encourage you to read it - and if you have read it recently please feel free to comment here.    If you know me, you know I really do not care for Beth Moore's teaching or writting style, so if I am recommending a Beth Moore book - maybe it is worth a look? 

I have not read the whole book yet - I am about 1/3 of the way through it - but again, I would highly recommend this book to every believer. 

Happy Independence Day,
Amanda

No comments: