Saturday, June 12, 2010

Micah 6:3-9

v3 - Oh my people, What have I done?  What have I done to make you tired of Me?

I almost skipped doing a quiet time today, why?  I thought "(insert idol here) is more important, I'll get to my quiet time in a minute" Some days that minute turns into an hours, and hours turn into a day - until at the end of the day when I lay down to sleep and I am finally quiet, I realize that I did not spend time with God.   Other days I do a quiet time out of obligation - and I don't even realize that I did not spend time with God, until much later.
I pray "Lord forgive me for resenting the requests that you place on my time" only to correct it and pray "Lord forgive my foolish, resentful, prideful heart - I never should have thought of it as 'my' time in the first place"

"4 For I brought you out of Egypt

and redeemed you from slavery.
I sent Moses, Aaron, and Miriam to help you.

5 Don’t you remember, my people,
how King Balak of Moab tried to have you cursed
and how Balaam son of Beor blessed you instead?
And remember your journey from Acacia Grove[a] to Gilgal,
when I, the Lord, did everything I could
to teach you about my faithfulness.”

6 What can we bring to the Lord?
What kind of offerings should we give him?
Should we bow before God
with offerings of yearling calves?

7 Should we offer him thousands of rams
and ten thousand rivers of olive oil?
Should we sacrifice our firstborn children
to pay for our sins?

8 No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good,
and this is what he requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with your God.