Thursday, December 20, 2007

Who could have known

It's Christmas time again. When I think back to last year at Christmas I can't believe how much life has changed in a year.
Last year around this time I was working as a counselor. Drason and I were attending Westside Chapel, I think I was planning the Christmas program and teaching 3 little boys to sing "Go tell it on a mountain" I may have been sewing costumes for Mary and Elizabeth :-)

I really didn't ask for much for Christmas, I figured I had about everything I needed. I was frustrated at work, but other than that life was pretty great.

Last Christmas Drason gave a gift certificate to a recording studio. I don't know how he will ever top that gift, because it was the tool God used to quite literally change my life.

Well, life is still pretty great, but what a difference a year makes.
I'm not working as a counselor anymore, but between being a mom and writing music I manage to stay pretty busy. We started attending First Baptist Heath in April, and while we were sad to leave Westside, we knew that the Lord was moving us for a reason.
There are some terrific musicians at church, and they have been an immeasurable help and encouragement to me. Change this year was hard, but it was worth it. I can't wait to see what God has in store for next year!

So today, as a few of you already know, myself and Shawn, Micheal, Randy, Jon and Anne went over to use that gift certificate, and WOW! I was so impressed and blessed by everyone there!

If you would like to check out our music click the link below
http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/172386

Please remember that these songs are copyright and that while we do not mind if you enjoy them, please do not download, hotlink or copy them.

Merry Christmas,
Amanda

4 comments:

Donna Dear said...

AWESOME Amanda!! I especially like the last one! Sounds like a good P&W song

Smiths Family Blog said...

WOW, nice little disclaimer there at the end. I felt like I was visiting Napster there for a min. hahaha. If we cant download them or Hotlink to them when will the CD be made available? Are they still copywrited if I have Marion record them for me when you sing on Sunday am?

Amanda said...

Ummm, we are working on that, I hope we can do a few more before actually putting out a CD - I would really like something full length - like 10 or 11 songs.
And yes, they are still copyright if Marion records them, just like any other music on Sundays, patience is a virtue - or so they say :-)

Reagan said...

Wow, Amanda! That's awesome. You sound great, I had forgotten what a great voice you had. Keep us posted!